Do you want to have a positive impact on the world? Whether your passion is climate change, public health, culture, AI or another global issue, at Amsterdam University College (AUC) you can start making your vision a reality. Each year we welcome 300 highly motivated students to our three-year Bachelor’s (Honours) programme in Liberal Arts and Sciences. Will you be one of them?
You’ll major in the Sciences, Social Sciences or Humanities. You’ll start by studying a core curriculum to sharpen your thinking, writing and argumentation skills. Learn a language, explore your role as a global citizen and investigate the ‘big questions’. You’ll then create your own interdisciplinary study path, choosing courses that fit your varied interests under the guidance of your personal tutor.
Experiential learning and community are at the heart of AUC. You will participate in a living education that involves labs, internships, community outreach and international engagement, as well as an active social life full of committees and creative initiatives. In the student residences you’ll live with fellow students from the Netherlands and more than 60 other countries for your three years of study.
- Earth & Environment
- Environmental Economics & Policy
- International Relations
- Political Science
- a secondary school diploma equivalent to the Dutch VWO (e.g. IB; GCSE plus 3 GCE A-levels)
- a very good level of written and spoken English
- strong mathematics skills
- academic excellence: demonstrate your ability to meet academic demands of the AUC programme
- motivation and ambition to study an intensive and broad programme while contributing to campus life
- 1 December, ‘early bird’ deadline for September next year
- 1 February, regular deadline for September same year
Tuition & Scholarships
The tuition fees are the following:
- EU/EEA : € 4,700 per year*
- Non EU-EEA: € 12,850 per year*
Accommodation is estimated at € 250 – 500 per month (housing for all three years is guaranteed)
Scholarships available: the AUC Scholarship Fund supports between 10-15% of enrolled students (auc.nl/scholarships)
* See website for most recent fees